Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Du-Rag Protest

Dear Students,

Want to wear a du-rag to school to tame your hair? Okay. Not gonna' argue. Want to put on a du-rag, call it fashion, and start acting gangsta at school? Not okay. You don't look gangsta. You look like you have panty-hose on your head. So do 50 Cent and Eminem, and you shouldn't be emulating them anyway. The du-rag trend was cool for maybe a month. Why is it still running strong? Even the Wall Street Journal, in a pathetic attempt to be cool, published a front-page feature about kids wearing du-rags. That right there should be your cue that it is no longer cool. Besides, most of you have straight hair, and your du-rags just give you hat-hair. Do me a favor and put your Yankees caps back on. I'll waive the no-hats-at-school rule. Anything to never again have to teach a lesson while gazing at a sea of panty-hose clad heads.

Concerned for Your Fashion Senses,

Miss Dennis

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Dennis said...

Dear Du-Rag Spelling Police,

Don't even think about commenting here to tell me I've spelled du-rag wrong.

First, how many spelling mistakes do you see in my blog? Your Mama's Mad Tedious is officially in the top 99th percentile of well-spelled blogs.

Second, there are many well-accepted ways of spelling du-rag, and of those ways, du-rag is my favorite. Du-rag, du-rag, du-rag.

Finally, leave me alone!

Concerned for your annoying tendency to be wrong when you correct others,


Miss Dennis

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I totally understand. But please, please, please, fix "wave" to say "waive." I'm just that autistic.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Miss Dennis said...

ha ha. got it! i'm a total hypocrite. i'll change wave to waive. you must have hyperlexic tendencies like me. maybe that was a sign that i'm getting better, though!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Ms. M said...

Or my favorite ghetto fashion: leaving the tag on you hat when you wear it. Nice.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home