Sunday, January 22, 2006

AdSense Musings

How do you do it Google? How do you know my readers so well?

I just signed up for AdSense, and when I clicked on my Purpleville post, an ad for "Marijuana Addiction Rehab" appeared. The next time I clicked on Purpleville, it said "Marijuana Addict Recovery." I'm banking on those ads.

Also, an "Upholstery Staplers" ad made an appearance with my Purple Stapler story. "American Made Skull Caps" accompanied the Du-Rag post (this should be especially helpful to the Australian who found this site through the keywords "how to wear a durag"). And of course "Manhattan NY Psychologist" popped up with the Stand and Survive post in which I mentioned a school-induced panic attack.

I wasn't sure if I should commercialize my blog, but I think I'll stick with Adsense just to see what crazy ads appear. Of course, as Google sternly warned me, I am not to click on any of the ad links myself or I will be fired. So I'll have to look elsewhere for a psychologist and marijuana treatment.

3 Comments:

Blogger ms. frizzle said...

Be careful because you're also not supposed to encourage people to click on the ads in order to help you make money... I think you're in the clear with this post but probably right on the line... I put mine at the bottom of my sidebar, where they are pretty inconspicuous but I do occasionally get a click-through - I've made something like $20 in over a year. You don't get a check until you reach $100 - let's see if I even have a blog that long! ;-)

12:22 PM  
Blogger TEACHER SOL said...

I am so addicted to check my Google Adsense statistics every now and then, whew! Call this "Google Crazy"! Yep, we should click on the ads, Google can track if we're doing it. I already linked your blog to my personal blog.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Miss Dennis said...

Oh no Ms. Frizzle! Thanks for the warning. Your blog is way more popular than mine, so I'll probably make about a buck a year. Good thing I'm keeping my teaching job!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home