Monday, January 23, 2006

Teacher's True First Crush

Now that I work with Pre-K students after school, I've realized who my TRUE first crush was. I always thought it was Fernando Valenzuela (Dodgers pitcher - I grew up in L.A. during Fernandomania). But no. Forget Fernando. My first crush was Harold!

I must have been three when I first discovered the boy with the purple crayon and feet-in pajamas. I now believe the purple stapler incident was subconsciously connected to my early infautation with Harold. High school and Pre-K aren't so different after all.

I've also realized that my current crush, despite the suits and gray hair, possesses every ounce of Harold's boyish charm. Realizing who your true first crush was explains so much.

(Is it wrong to use the above image? This is Crockett Johnson's artwork. The great Mr. Johnson died in 1975. Here is a wonderful site devoted to him: Crockett Johnson Homepage.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Chris said...

What is it with you and Anderson Cooper? I've counted at least 5 references to him on your blog. I mean, Harold and Nelly I can understand, but Anderson Cooper?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Miss Dennis said...

Ha ha. I'm honored that you caught the Nelly crush - you actually read that whole, painful post! As for Anderson Cooper, what can I say. I'm schmitten.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home