Friday, June 05, 2009

The Equity Project Charter School, Front Page of New York Times Again!

The New York Times has another front page feature on TEP Charter School! TEP's teaching "dream team" has been chosen. The article is currently the NY Times' #1 most emailed story and the #10 most blogged about story.

The article also mentions TEP's fundraising efforts for our permanent school building in Washington Heights, NYC. I am on TEP's Capital Campaign Advisory Board. Please join TEP's Facebook Causes page or visit my TEP drive on Changing the Present.

TEP is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit. TEP does NOT fundraise to support its investment in teacher salaries or administrative costs. The ONLY area for which TEP fundraises is for its school facility, since NY State public charter schools must primarily pay for their own facilities. TEP is a public charter school and does not charge student tuition or fees.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hi Miss Dennis,

Your posts are so entertaining! My name is Erin, and I am a college student with mild cerebral palsy. I’m a special education major and have hopes of becoming a disability services director of a university after graduate school. I have just launched a blog that is still getting started, but with the title “Empowering People and Changing Lives,” I hope that it will provide a wealth of resources for people who care for children, specifically those who are affected by disability. I will also be chronicling some personal experiences and will be sharing some thoughts about those along the way. Your blog has also been included in my blogroll, so I hope that together, we are able to collaborate to provide resources to those who are in similar situations. The blog’s address is http://empowerpeoplechangelives.blogspot.com. From there, you will be able to read the posts I have written, find out all about me, check out my blogroll, eventually look at many resources I have gathered, and contact me.

Look forward to reading many more of your posts! Happy blogging!

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Laura Minch said...

I am a fourth year psychology graduate student and I am conducting a survey to determine what obstacles public high school special education teachers are encountering concerning teaching sexuality education. This project is a social justice piece and any help would be much appreciated. Please feel free to forward this link to any public high school special education teachers that you think might be willing to help. Thank you for your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SpecialEducationSurvey

4:23 PM  
Anonymous racheldavis262@yahoo.com said...


This blog is really awesome!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home