Wednesday, October 01, 2008

New School in NYC, Washington Heights

I am on the fundraising advisory board for a wonderful new middle school that will open in Washington Heights, NYC, in September '09.

The Equity Project Charter School (TEP)
was featured on the front page of the New York Times back in March. As a member of the school's Capital Campaign Advisory Board, I will be raising $100,000 in the next year for the school's new building. To accomplish this, I will recruit 100 Finance Committee members, who will either donate or raise $1,000. TEP Charter School is a non-profit 501(c)3 educational organization. Since I only know a handful of people who can donate $1,000, I am focusing on recruiting people who can commit to raising $1,000. It only takes knowing 100 people who will donate $100, 20 who will donate $50, etc!

If interested in becoming a Finance Committee member for TEP Charter school, please get in touch! You can email me at nyc30731@yahoo.com. Also, stay tuned for my third piece for the NY Times Lesson Plans blog!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Congrats on being on this board. I personally have a problem with Charters especially in the area of teachers' rights.
Most are non-union. Charters are seeing more of a revolving door with teachers than NYC schools.
However, I will read the NYTimes article.

Looking fwd to your next installment :)

Schoolgal

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore this idea! We need more intellectuals in teaching and this is the way to attract them. I am tired of seeing the idiots that surround me who are charged with the most important and insurmountable task in the world!
P.S. I qualify but I would never leave my school. They need me!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Laura Minch said...

I am a fourth year psychology graduate student and I am conducting a survey to determine what obstacles public high school special education teachers are encountering concerning teaching sexuality education. This project is a social justice piece and any help would be much appreciated. Please feel free to forward this link to any public high school special education teachers that you think might be willing to help. Thank you for your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SpecialEducationSurvey

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home